We are extremely proud to say that we are one of the few companies that take on individuals in recruitment with no sales experience – and what we mean by ‘sales experience’ is a role in an industry where someone has worked towards commission/targets in a competitive environment.
We believe it’s important to see key traits in individuals, then give them that experience to make them a success at Barrington James.
Here are 5 reasons why we hire individuals with no experience:
- They are a clean slate: Therefore, will have no pre-conceived idea as to what the role can be (and also won’t have any ‘bad habits’), enabling us to mold them in to the best consultant they can be.
- They keep our business fresh and innovative: It’s important that as a business, we are always showing interest in the ‘next generation’ of recruiters and what different ideas and methods they can bring to our business model.
- They have less fear of failure: With experienced salespeople, there can always be that element of ‘Doubting Thomas’ in their mind as to whether the next sales role is going to work, or whether they are going to sink in a new environment. Individuals with no experience come in with a ‘can do’ attitude and have very little fear when it comes to getting out of their comfort zone.
- They are hungry to learn: With no experience, there will always be a thirst to learn new things in a working environment.
- It challenges our managers (and in turn, makes our business better): With our target-based progression model, it is important to ensure that our managers are bringing out the best in our trainee consultants, and also developing their team management skills better.
We are currently hiring for our Associates team in Horley now. If you are an individual who is looking to take the first step on to the recruitment ladder, get in contact with our Internal Recruitment team today:
T: 01293 776644